Buzzfeed took a swing at some packing tips, as you can see in the video below. Good effort, guys an’ gals, but some of those tips aren’t too useful. (Besides, you just recycled your own article, there, didn’t ya?)
- The binder clip as a razor cover is cool in theory, but probably quite awkward in practice. Just use the plastic cover the razor came with, or, failing that, a piece of duct tape folded over.
- Two shoes to pack a bottle of wine? Not space-efficient at all. Besides, aren’t you using those shoes to store your socks and underwear? For wine, just use bubble wrap.
- Using tissue paper to avoid wrinkles: not sure how well that works, but you’ll end up with shredded tissue paper covering all your stuff in a real-life travel scenario.
- As Buzzfeed itself suggests, that toothpaste-in-a-straw idea is just silly. You will get stopped at security.
- A plastic bag will help you save space if you vacuum-seal it. Otherwise a plastic bag will help you keep stuff organized, but that’s about it. I use a plastic carrier bag to sequester my dirty clothes.
- For hiding valuables, you can also use a pair of y-fronts. Hide cash in the fly of your dirty briefs. Nobody’s gonna check them without kevlar gloves.
Check out some Jet Trash packing tips below the video player, and you’ll be on your way with style and ease.